It really is more affordable than you think
When you think about the glamorous world of TV advertising you may think about the big drinks companies, multimillion pound fashions brands and A-list celebrities telling you to buy ‘their’ perfume! Well, believe it or not your brand can be alongside these sooner than you think and for a lot less!
You do not have to spend hundreds of thousands of pounds and be in the ad break of the X Factor final, or sponsor Coronation Street for 5 years to have a massive impact using TV advertising – it really is more affordable than you think to make your brand stand out from the rest.
TV is the most effective advertising media format there is – it works even harder when coupled with radio. Every major industry study into the effectiveness of various advertising proves this. TV is second to none when it comes to driving results and before you ask, yes, there is a mountain of research to prove it.
See what the marketing body for commercial TV, ThinkBox, has found out...
- Investing in TV increases effectiveness by 40%, making it the most effective medium (IPA ‘Effectiveness in a changing media landscape’, 2017)
- TV advertising best at generating top-line growth that drives profit, with a 2.6% average market share point gained per year when using TV advertising (IPA ‘Effectiveness in a changing media landscape’, 2017)
- TV advertising is becoming more effective due in part to growing synergies with online, especially online video (IPA ‘Effectiveness in a changing media landscape’, 2017)
- Between 1980–1996, adding TV to a campaign led to an average 12% increase in business effects. This increased to 40% during 2008–2016 (IPA ‘Effectiveness in a changing media landscape’, 2017)
- TV advertising delivers an average return of £1.79 for every £1 spent, well above other media, and is more effective now than ever (Ebiquity, ‘Payback 4’, 2014)
- An econometric study by the Radio Advertising Bureau also showed that TV creates the most profit (RAB, ‘Radio: The ROI Multiplier’, 2014)
- TV pays back both over the short- and long-term, but the long-term approach is where the greatest profit is generated. In campaigns lasting 3+ years, TV advertising creates an average uplift in profit of nearly 140% (IPA, ‘Advertising Effectiveness: the long and short of it’, 2013)
- TV advertising is, on average, twice as effective at increasing sales per equivalent exposure than the next best performing medium, which is press (Ebiquity, ‘Payback 4’, 2014)
- TV delivers its value over a much longer time frame. TV spend from year 1 still affects sales in year 2 almost as strongly – in fact 45% of TV’s total sales effect were delivered after year the first year of investment (PwC, Payback 1, 2008)
- TV adds the greatest number of business effects to a campaign – things such as sales, profit and market share. It increases these effects on average by 41%. The next best medium is press, which increases business effects by 14% (IPA, ‘Advertising Effectiveness: the long and short of it’, 2013)
- Including TV advertising in a campaign increases its efficiency six fold (IPA, ‘Advertising Effectiveness: the long and short of it’, 2013)
TV Advertising is not just about ad breaks on ITV, Sky, Channel 4 or C5. It is about connecting your message with the right audience, with well thought through creative, using the right format of TV consumption. With TV expanding beyond the living room and even out of the house – the garden, the office, public transport - this this where VOD (Video on Demand) comes into its own. There is also Sky AdSmart, one of the largest collections of data in the world.
By using Experian and Sky IQ you can target for example Young families with a south facing garden, that have 2 or more children under the age of 10 and have a household income of £80k+ per year! (insert your ideal customer here by using the 1200+ attributes available!) Sky AdSmart works by using the very latest, extremely advanced, yet very simple to understand, technology to put your ad in the homes of your target audience.
It all comes down to your brief and what you are looking to achieve – so that is where we would use our expertise and recommend the best route to market across all platforms available.
If you would like to discuss TV advertising further please contact us, we would love to hear from you.
Find out more about Root One Advertising
Call 01709 36 86 55 to make an appointment